Stan A. Huber Consultants, Inc.
Health Physics & Radiation Safety Services
- Licensing and Regulations: Nuclear Regulatory Commission, State Health Department, Department of Transportation, OSHA and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital Organization compliance and updating
- Record Systems: Implement or review those records required by regulatory agencies or commended for efficient department operations. We can provide you with appropriate forms to best suit your operations for all record keeping requirements.
- Radiation Safety: Implement radiation safety survey checks and continuing evaluation of radiation safety controls (including personnel monitoring) and methods to meet changing regulatory agency requirements
- Quality Control Checks: Includes controls for instrument validity, radiopharmaceutical integrity and of imaging or lab studies
- Leak Testing of Sealed Sources: We can perform leak testing of your sealed sources on required schedules.
- Ventilation Checks and Clearance Time Calculations for use of radioactive gases.
At Stan A. Huber Consultants, Inc., we take care to provide our customers with high quality services personalized for their unique needs. We have provided radiation safety consulting services to industrial and medical clients for over 35 years. We offer these services on schedules that best fit your needs: weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually or as needed, anywhere in the United States. We work closely with department personnel and management to summarize our actions, findings and recommendations. All of our consulting visits are of 6 or more hours duration. The following categories describe typical areas of coverage during our scheduled visits to facilities. They are not intended to limit the service to these categories, but rather to indicate the comprehensiveness and application of this service.
Radiation Safety Consulting
Flexible and Customer-Oriented Consulting Programs for
Medical and Industrial Facilities
- Continuing Education: Includes lectures and audio-visual presentations to your personnel geared to your particular operations.
- Procedure and Operations Manual: Includes review and updating of your manuals. We can also assist in the initial development of such manuals.
- Certified Calibration of Special Instruments: We are licensed by the IEMA Division of Nuclear Safety to perform certified calibration of your nuclear instruments on-site at your facility or in our laboratory. We keep back-up records of our certificates in case your originals get misplaced or lost.
- Facility Change and Close-out Surveys: We can assist in or perform close-out surveys of licensed facilities and hande all regulatory requirements and paperwork.
- Radiation Safety Committee Reporting: We can attend scheduled Radiation Safety Committee meetings and report on nuclear medicine topics and personnel dosimetry.
Temporary Radiation Safety Officer Services
Stan A. Huber Consultants, Inc. (SAHCI) has provided Temporary Radiation Safety Officer and Management Support Services to many facilities, including small to large medical institutions, laboratories, universities, manufacturing facilities, oil refineries, steel mills, fossil power plants and chemical companies. Please call us if you would like information on this service.
Licensing and Regulatory Compliance
Stan A. Huber Consultants, Inc. (SAHCI) has prepared or assisted in the preparation of radioactive material licensing documents for more than 400 clients. Our extensive experience assures that we are always up to date on current regulations and licensing formats. More complex licensing actions may require an on-site visit and license audit to ascertain correct coverage. A total NRC or Agreement State license audit is usually a prerequisite for establishing and maintaining an understandable and efficient control system. After completion of the license audit, our consultant can prepare any necessary radioactive material license renewal or amendment application.
Special management decisions must be made at the time of initiating a radioactive material program or expanding an existing operation. Our consultant can be of specialized assistance in this area by objective application of his/her experience and training to develop sound recommendations or justifications based on an individual facility's circumstance. The consultant can prepare or aid in the preparation of cost analysis studies, facility design, feasibility studies, and complete overview evaluation studies.